- Starting your own business – editorial
- Interview with Lucian Voinea – Yanja Dajsuren
- Shamans and Software – Martin Schoenmakers
- Startup Valuation: Top Ten Techniques – Martin Zwilling
- The Start of High-Tech Company TIOBE – Paul Jansen
- Advice from a seasoned entrepreneur – Eric Hak
Dear XOOTIC members,
The Software Technology program would like to invite you to the XPO and Diploma Ceremony 2010, which will take place Wednesday, October 6, 2010, at the TU/e campus.
Take a look at the XPO 2010 page for the program and the presentations.
Please register via email to email@example.com, with the following data:
First and last name:
Registration for: (please remove if not applicable):
XPO, part 1 (before lunch)
XPO, part 2
See you October 6, 2010!
With warm regards,
Also on behalf of the trainees,
Johan Lukkien, Ad Aerts and Maggy de Wert
Dear Xootic members,
We would like to invite you to the presentation of the Xootic Survey Results, in which the results of the bi-annual Xootic Survey will be presented to all Xootics. The presentation will take place on Thursday, July 1 in the filmzaal, De Zwarte Doos, Eindhoven.
Programme of the evening:
18:30h Welcome reception at De Zwarte Doos
19:00h Dinner (costs: EUR 10,–)
20:30h Presentation by the Survey Committee
Please reply/send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe for the dinner and/or the lecture before Tuesday June 29. For the dinner please indicate if you have special wishes (diet/vegetarian).
We hope to see a lot of Xootics again on July 1! We have the filmzaal, so let us take the advantage of it and gather many of us! Let it be a party…
The Xootic Lecture Committee:
MAcFAN, the federation of alumni associations of the department of Mathematics and
Computer Science at the TU/e, herewith invites you to the lecture night: “ICT and Maths in Automotive”.
Preceding the lectures the department offers you a simple Chinese meal; registration required.
Date: June 23, 2010
Location: Auditorium (AUD) & Main Building (HG), TU/e
Program: 18.00 Chinese Food GEWIS-room, HG 10.52
19:00 SPITS as a solution for Intelligent Traffic Systems, by Ralph von Vignau,
director at NXP Semiconductors – BU-Automotive and project leader SPITS
20.00 How mathematics helps TomTom users find their way, by Frank Stevers,
Senior Software Designer, Client Technology Eindhoven, TomTom
20.45 Drinks in the GEWIS Room, HG 10.52
We hope to meet many of you.
On behalf of the department and of the alumni associations AIMe, WIRE, XOOTIC, VIE,
Marloes van Lierop, alumni officer computer science division
Cor Hurkens, alumni officer mathematics division
The Xootic board is helped by several committees in order reach our goals. The current structure (2013) of the committees is:
- Gertjan Schouten (chairman)
- Tom Geelen (treasurer)
- Hristina Moneva (secretary)
- Eugen Schindler (partner- & sponsorships)
- Koen Holtman
- Alex Vrijsen
- Paul Janson
- Bart Golsteijn
- Harold Weffers
- Razvan Dinu
- Vlad Niculescu-Dinca
- (Hristina Moneva)
- Menno Lindwer
- Chris Delnooz
- Yanja Dajsuren
- Harold Weffers
- Maggy de Wert
- Eugen Schindler
- Gertjan Schouten
- Hristina Moneva
OOTI Room Representatives:
- Mari Mnatsakanyan
- Surafel Mamo
- Nico Kuijpers
- Eric Elsackers
Xootic Survey Committee 2011-2013:
- Harold Weffers
- Hristina Moneva
- Koen Holtman
- Hilal Karatoy
Xootic organizes various activities to the members keeping in touch with each other as well as to keep them up-to-date with the latest innovations on Software Technology. Most common ones are:
- Lectures: Several times a year, Xootic organizes lectures on innovations in the field of computer science. A speaker is invited to share his or her knowledge with OOTIs and ex-OOTIs in an informal way. These evenings are always concluded with a drink offered by Xootic.
- X-day: The X-day is a one-day or weekend activity organized once a year. Past X-days were: a sailing weekend in Noord-Holland/Friesland, rafting and biking in the Ardennen, skiing in Landgraaf, and a GPS walk.
- In March 2011, Xootic organized a symposium on Technological Innovations for Future Healthcare Environments.
- In March 2009, OOTI celebrated its 20th anniversary with a symposium on System Architecture: between clouds and dust.
- In September 2006, Xootic organized a symposium on Novel Approaches in Design and Architecture of Embedded Systems.
- In 2001, Xootic organized symposium on ubiquitous computing
- In November 1998, OOTI and Xootic organized a symposium on software reliability.
- in October 1996, Xootic organized a symposium on embedded systems.
- Other: Another activity is the New Year party (organized by MaCFAN), which allows Xootic-members and other alumni to come together and celebrate the new year.
Finally, Xootic regularly organizes social events like bowling or board and card games.
All Xootic activities give OOTIs ample opportunity to contact each other, and to question the graduates about the work they do and the companies they work for. Such discussions can provide valuable practical information; in certain cases, these informal contacts have indeed resulted in employment.
When Xootic was established in 1991, its initial objective was to aid ex-OOTIs in keeping in touch with one another. As the number of its members increased, and as more and more ex-OOTIs appeared on the job market, Xootic extended its aims. Xootic currently pursues the following goals:
- to organize meetings and reunions for its members;
- to support the exchange of information between trainees and graduates of the OOTI/ST-program;
- to communicate information concerning jobs and vacancies;
- to inform the Dutch industry and potential trainees about the OOTI program;
- to strengthen the relation with the TU/e Mathematics and Computer Science department by joining MaCFAN.
The Xootic audience consists of both members and supporting members. Xootic is primarily an association for trainees and graduates of the OOTI program; therefore, OOTI trainees and OOTI graduates (ex-OOTIs) are the only candidates for membership of Xootic. Xootic does not differentiate between trainee and graduate members.
Aside from OOTI trainees and OOTI graduates, other people (often related to the OOTI program) may wish to join Xootic. They have the option of becoming a supporting member of Xootic. A supporting member has the same rights as a member, with the exception of not having the right to vote at the annual member meeting.
As a member you can take advantage of various Xootic activities such as contacts with other members, informative and social meetings, trips. You will receive the Xootic newsletter regularly.
Sailing weekend 2003